Thursday, September 1, 2011

A new sewing project started

I wandered around looking for the parts I had started for a couple of I Spy quilts. With everything moved and reorgaized with the bedroom re-do, I was having trouble remembering where I had put the pieces I had already cut for these quilts. Eventually I found them along with a piece of Kona snow. I cut the snow into strips 3 1/2" wide. My novelty pieces are cut 3 1/2" x 4 1/2".

I sewed the pieces on the strip of Kona

The pieces were cut apart, trimmed and this is a sampling of how I plan to arrange them. Simple, but I like the space to rest the eyes between the prints. I have no idea what size these will turn out. I am just winging it as usual and will just put blocks together until I am happy with the size. So at this point I have no idea if I have enough prints, but I guess we'll find out!

2 comments:

QuiltSwissy said...

LOL. I had to make the picture larger to see that black white and red piece. I thought, how odd to have combined nine patches and FEET!

glen: but they are only chickens.......

Rosalyn Manesse said...

That quilt is sure to delight some child!