Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New piece hung at work

This piece is new to work, but I made it awhile ago. I have gotten favorable comments on it. It is about 24" wide and 34" high.


My job at the museum last evening was to put wrist bands on the members who came to the lecture and annual meeting. The lecture was a glass artist that makes the most amazing paperweights. I am sorry I don't have the artist name. The paperweights had little scenes in them of flowers, animals, and/or bugs made out of lamp glass and then encased in clear glass to make the paperweight. The detail was amazing. There were snacks for the patrons after the lecture and we got to sample them while they were in the lecture. I ended up leaving about 6:30 so I was glad to get home earlier than I had expected.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

great quilt... great quilting!

Yvonne said...

Love the design.