Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goodies from the weekend

I bought a kit one of the vendors had with this ink pad, daubers, and a couple of stencils. The ink is for fabric or paper. It is long lasting (about 10 years - that's what the lady said) and permanent. I bought the pad rather than the seperate bottles of ink.


Now this is some cool stuff. Instead of using bleach to discharge color there was a demonstration on how to use this product. This product will not damage fabric like bleach will. After you dry the product, which you can apply an image by using a stencil or brushing it on, you then hit it with heat and the color of the fabric is removed. But the coolest part is that she had the discharge paste in colors. This means that the color of the fabric is removed and then is replaced with the color of the discharge paste all in the same step! I mean this was so cool I could not believe it. I can't wait to play with this. The colored discharge paste came in a bunch of colors. The three pack of colors was $20.00 and the clear discharge paste was $8.00. I have lots of ideas floating around in my head.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you are going to have fun. I was never fond of the idea of bleach on fabric so this sounds like a good alternative product.

Vicki W said...

You will enjoy the Decolourant. It's a lot of fun!