Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cotton or not?

I was crazy busy last evening - made meatballs, did a weeks worth of dishes, and took out the recycling for pick up today. I am having sewing company March 18 and I need to get this house shoveled out so I am trying to start now and do some every night so no sewing is happening. I did watch the 3rd stage of the Paris Nice bicycle race that I had taped as I was picking up.

I finally checked to see if some of the fabric I got last week in the suprise bag was cotton or not. I didn't have the patience to try and scorch the fabric so I just stood over the laundry sink and took a match to it. The blue and green are cotton, the stripe is not. There is 1 3/4 yards of the blue and 2 yards of the green so that is a great score.


Yesterday afternoon one of my clients picked up the alterations I had done for her - the two jackets and 3 pairs of pants. She brought me - UGH!!! - a couple of repairs. They are easy fixes, but it is still taking time away from the improv quilt.

No comments: