Monday, March 28, 2011

A busy weekend

Friday was the bus trip to Sewing and Quilting Expo in Cleveland, Ohio. We had 6 hours to check it out. There was a lot of machine embroidery booths and I mean a lot. I missed going back to the booth that a contestant from Project Runway had. I had gone by it early in the day and she had not arrived yet. My big purchase was this iron. I used it all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon. I had a funny smell on Saturday - that new smell that I don't like - but Sunday after I turned it on I did not notice it. So far I am very happy with performance. I bought a few more items that once I get play with them I will post.


Saturday was alterations day - hemmed the sleeves of two lined jackets, hemmed two pairs of pants - one lined and the other cuffed, took in a lined skirt, and stitched the hem back into one leg of a pair of pants that had fallen out.


Here are the 270 bowls that a local pottery company made and donated to the fundraiser for one of the local food banks. For $25.00 you got a bowl of your choice and three bowls of soup. The soup was donated by local resturants and there was also bread donated by a local baker. I worked checking in guests on Sunday and was gifted a ticket for a bowl by one of the guests. The soup was so good and it was a sold out event.


After the soup event I finished putting this top together. I also got the binding cut out. I think the baseball binding adds the right touch.

No comments: