Monday, March 14, 2011

Beer and sewing

Here a a couple pictures of the crowd at the Art and Beer event at the Akron Art Museum Friday night. I had a good time talking to people and pouring beer. I am not a beer drinker, but I enjoy the social aspect of voluneering at an event like this. The hardest part was smelling the perrogies the lady next to me was cooking. She had a flat grill that she was browning potato and cheese perrogies in butter. I managed to snag one and they were so good!



On Saturday I started the day on alterations - hemmed one pair of boy scout pants, one lined skirt, and two lined jackets. Then I moved to quilting.
I accomplished a lot on the improv quilt on Saturday and Sunday morning. I have about 75% of the center done. My plan is to get the rest of the center quilted after work this week and then quilt the borders and bind it this coming weekend. I need to have it done by the 22nd so I am still on track for making my goal. I had to switch gears and go back to alterations Sunday afternoon. I shorten the sleeves on two lined jackets and shorted the lenght of a lined jacket. It took me a lot longer than I thought it would, but there was a lot of hand work that had to be done. When I called the client to let her know her stuff was done, she said she had a couple more pairs of pants for her daughter that needed hemmed. Oh well, all the money I make is going into my spending money pot for the Sewing and Quilting expo at the IX center in Cleveland March 25.


No comments: