Monday, September 14, 2026

What a weekend!

I took a half day off on Friday so I could get some bags made for the merch booth. We were scheduled for a show on Saturday and I only had two bags left after the big show in WV. I got 26 regular sized bags and 3 bigger bags for drum heads sewn together.
I had two covers we use to cover the merch booth road cases in case of rain. I decided they needed to be sprayed with Scotchguard to give us a bit more protection. Since we were schedule to have a show Saturday I needed to get this done. The smaller cover easily fit over my recycling bin for spraying.
The cover for the t-shirt road case needed to be altered first. The cover only fit when the lid for the road case was off. After the storms we went thru this summer, the cover needed to be bigger so it fit over the case with the lid on it. I cut the cover and added a strip
then spread the cover over two bins and sprayed it with Scotchguard.
I then laid it out in the driveway to dry until I realized a bit later it had started to rain. I shook the rain off the cover and hung it in the garage to continue to dry.
Saturday I made oatmeal raisin and pan banging sugar cookies to take to the show for the band and friends who would be coming to the show.
I didn't have to leave for the show until 2:00 pm so I fixed a hole in a pair of pants and hemmed a pair.
Two hours before it was time to leave my brother called and said the show was cancelled because of rain. I took all those cookies to work this morning and got lots of "thank you for the cookies!" from the guys. So now I needed to regroup because now I had the rest of the day to myself. I worked on finishing up the four thread beds and project bags as I watched football on TV. Notre Dame beat Rice.  Woohoo!
I started working on the next four TBs and PBs until I ran out of vinyl pieces. See my TB trays are empty or nearly empty! I cut a little bit of vinyl so I could work on the next batch of TBs, but I am going to have to spend some time this week replenishing my trays as I will show you all the cutting I did!
Sunday I felt like cutting and some cutting I did! This pile is the 8 TBs that will be table gifts at the next retreat I am going to. I had enough fabric for two PBs too. I only had two matching zippers.
This fabric has cute pigs on it. I think I got 4 TBs and four PBs out of it. I paired it with some polka dot fabrics. I need matching zippers.
I bought the same pig fabric in gray and got 4 TBs and 4 PBs. I found enough matching zippers.
Out of this 4th of July print, I got 8 TBs and 4 PBs. I found plenty of matching zippers.  
Out of this purple fabric I got 4TBs and 4 PBs. I think I am short a couple zippers. This fabric has metallic accents and is very pretty. I have a piece in dark blue int he same print that I still need to cut.  So that will be 24 more TBs and 18 more PBs out of all this cutting session. 
It was very humid this weekend and hot if it wasn't raining. Not much yard work happened. I did cut down my Zebra grass. With the rain it has spread out and is huge! Too big for where it is planted.
Just as I started cutting it down, it started to rain. I finished cutting it down and got most of the stems hauled out back, but there are still some stems that need cleaned up.  I saw lighting so inside I went!   I plan on digging the root ball out and just filling in the hole. Yes, it will be some work for sure! It is going to be dry today and cooler so my task this evening will be working in the yard.

1 comment:

dianne said...

that is a BIG clump of grass - the root ball has to be huge!!!