Friday, October 2, 2026
A back up for the back up
I have a Pfaff 1475CD sewing machine. I bought it in 1993 I think. Over the years I decided to buy another one as a backup. I took it with me to California when I went to my brother's house a couple years ago. He and his wife needed cushions and pillows made for their breakfast nook. I left it in CA because I need to go back to make drapes. I came across an excellent opportunity to get another 1475 at a really good price so I bought it. I had emailed the seller about how the machine would be packed. They had a 100% rating on eBay. The machine arrived in just a couple of days. It was packed very well!
Lots of bubble wrap and some Styrofoam packing! I got everything out of the box and was excited to plug it in. It works like it is brand new! Woohoo!
I still need to go thru the rest of the stuff it came with.
I also got my order from 123stitch. I saw the model for this chart in April when I was at Hobby House Needleworks, but they didn't have any in stock. I finally just ordered it. I saw that 123stitch had sewing machine needles on sale and I needed some so I bought a few packs of those.
I have been cleaning my space at work so I can take my backup machine and sew at lunch. Call me crazy! LOL!! Have a great weekend!





as someone whose backup and backup's backup machines crapped out within a few days of each other, i totally agree!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who was talking about an older machine that she loves and her fear that she won't be able to get it worked on. I told her about you buying spare machines of the one that you love. I think she was planning to head to eBay to look for her machine.
ReplyDeleteIt's so great to still be able to find a 1475 and a bonus when it works well. I'm still plugging away on my 2 Pfaffs, plus one that takes 15 minutes to warm up before it stops clicking and doing needle moves and then will sew.
ReplyDeleteI love that cute pig pattern!