Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Cutting station at work and yardwork

I decided to work on cutting scraps for the scissor pouches
at lunch rather than wasting any of that time. I need to start getting the scissor pouches made in order to have enough to give away at my next cross stitch retreat. I brought two trays of scraps including scraps of iron on interfacing.
Here is my cutting station
I even made a little ironing pad and brought an iron! The iron was retired since it didn't steam well anymore, but for pressing the wrinkles or folds out of the scraps and pressing on the interfacing, it works just fine. Just getting some of these pouches prepped everyday will be a big help. I will take the prepped pouches home and whenever I have a few minutes I can sew a few together. I plan on taking the sewn pouches to the next show the band has and I will turn them right side out as I sit at the merch booth.
Last evening I worked in the yard. I still was sweating even though the temperature was 71. I dug up the rocks around the zebra plant. None of the rocks were over 15 pounds, so they were easy to pick up and move. See, unloading all those cases of water at work keeps me strong and able to pick up rocks! LOL!!
Dianne, I measured the root ball and it is 31" across! I was talking to one of the guys at work and he said he was interested in getting some of the root ball to plant at his house. I said, "bring and shovel and you can have all you want"! It is going to be a booger to dig up!
After moving the rocks, I trimmed my yard and my neighbor's yard. They have been on vacation for a couple weeks and the grass has gotten tall! I mowed my front and started on the side yard between our houses. Unfortunately the mower battery ran out of juice. My neighbor wasn't expecting me to mow and will appreciate what I did get done when they get home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment