Friday, July 31, 2026

More cutting and delivering quilts

I got started on cutting thread beds last evening and realized I only had one more piece of fleece left in my parts bin. I pulled out a partial bolt of the iron-on gleece and started cutting. I ended up with a nice pile. There was a small left piece at the end so I cut that for the scissor pouches.
Out of a marble looking batik from Wanda, I was able to get two thread beds and two project bags cut. I still need to cut the lining pieces. I did realize I ran out of the interfaced flannel pieces. I thought I had more white flannel, but I don't so I will have to order some. That won't slow me down from cutting.
I got to deliver quilts to the ladies at the home office. They always write such sweet notes for me! Sara wanted to give me a little something for a baby quilt that she wanted for a friend; I had forgotten all about it! LOL! Here was her note.
I gave Sara the two quilts that I finished for a friend of her's. They were made by her friend's mother who had passed and she wanted them finished. Everybody that saw them thought they were great. Then I handed over the pink quilt to Dina. She was happy with it. She told me August is the 20 anniversary of her sister being a cancer survivor. The whole family is going to Ann Arbor to take a tour of the University of Michigan stadium. They are going to present the quilt to her at the party they are having. I can't wait to hear what her sister thinks of it. The sister knows a quilt is being made, but that's it. This was Dina's note.
It was so nice outside last evening. I got out about a half hour to do more trimming since I got the batteries for the weed trimmer charged up. I can trim for a total of 25 minutes before I am out of power. I got almost all the trimming done. I charged up the mower battery too while I was at it since it was down to one bar. It looks like another nice day, not too hot, so since the backyard is in the shade by 6 PM I am going to get after that tonight.

2 comments:

  1. What lovely thank you notes ☺️ And you still get to hear back after the gifting! I have a huge piece of white flannel….let’s talk as I decided not to use it for what I bought it for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marbled fabric will look great in your projects. It's always nice to get a note from quilt recipients.

    ReplyDelete