Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Salting the stump and thread bed progress
After my wellness appointment I stopped and did a bit of shopping while I was on the east side of town. My purchases included salt for my stump. I gathered supplies
and headed over to the stump. I salted both the stump and one of the roots I had drilled holes in. Let us see what happens to that root. The stump is now wrapped in plastic, so now we wait. How long? I have no idea! LOL!! I guess I will check on it in a couple weeks and see if anything has changed.
I then got to work on those three thread beds that were almost done.
Next it was time to add the snaps. This step doesn't take long with my set up and The Hulk at the ready!
While I was at it, I found two other thread beds that just needed snaps. I had been holding off because I didn't have the right color of snap that I thought looked good with that purple fabric. KAM snaps was having a sale so I recently bought more of the long shank snaps. Here is a picture of the snaps I had and that same case with the snaps rearranged and the new colors added.
I still have a few colors in bags. I will have to get another storage case.
Here are the finished thread beds.
I am excited to get this bin filled up with thread beds!
6-12 months for the salt to do the work!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have every color you will ever need in those snaps.
ReplyDeleteWhat’s up with the yellow and orange snaps mingling? 😂 You have a good start on the beds.
ReplyDeleteI'll be interested to see how the stump treatment works out.
ReplyDeleteYour thread beds are so nice. I know that the embroiderers must really love using them.