Monday, August 17, 2026
Oh I have been busy!
I finished those 8 thread beds.
Friday the band headed to Allegan Michigan for a show. We stopped in Kalamazoo on the way so the guys could have their picture taken in front of the original Gibson guitar factory.
Six and a half hours after we started on this trip, we arrived in Allegan. We were about an hour and a half early. Michael had factored in some extra time in case of a problem with road construction or a mechanical issue. This gave me time to walk around town, which doesn't happen often. Allegan is a cute turn of the century town with a downtown that they are revitalizing. There were lots of cool architecture and little shops. It was all I could do to not buy a plant from one of the stores.
The venue was along the Kalamazoo River. The area looked like it had been recently renovated and it was so nice! Views of the river
A beautiful metal sculpture that the branches moved in the wind. I want one of these for my front yard!
A big gas fire pit.
A four swing structure. I want one of these with a fire pit in the middle for my backyard!
And a splash pad! It was hot so I took a walk thru the splash pad a couple times. Yes, I was fully dressed and didn't care! The water was ice cold and it felt so good!
We had a nice crowd
and the crowd included a Viking wedding party that was having a girl's night out.
We had left for this trip at 8:45 AM Friday and I got to bed Saturday morning at 5 AM. I sleep 3 1/2 hours and I was up, slow, but up. I just couldn't sleep anymore with the daylight. I had been binge watching Marshalls in the van so I watched the rest of the first season. About noon I got moving and worked on thread beds. Started on the next group and finished those six on Sunday morning.
My bin of thread beds is filling up!
I needed more felt pieces, so I cut up the remaining yard and a half of felt I had
I needed some flannel pieces too so I cut up the flannel Cherie sent me, interfaced those and cut them to size. This is only part of the flannel. I just cut enough to keep me moving forward for now
I did some laundry, cooked some food for work, and got started on the next batch of thread beds. These twelve will all use pink thread. I have the zipper pockets made and they just need trimmed to size.
The last thing I sewed Sunday was altering this dress. It was easy and didn't take too long. I put a couple darts in the back beside the zipper to take out the fullness and a bit under each arm. I still need to sew a hook on that fell off.
Sunday morning there were at least 6 male and a couple female yellow finches eating the coneflower seeds. I got a good picture of one of them. They are so pretty!

Great picture of the goldfinch on the cone flowers! What a long drive you all had but, wow, what cool historic buildings and terrific venue. The Viking wedding party was interesting……made for good energy, I’m sure!
ReplyDeleteit's a good thing that your weekend is over - maybe you can get some rest!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a long ride....but nice that you had time to get some fresh exercise in walking around town.
ReplyDeleteI forget how many your goal was for thread beds but you have a great start.
I haven't seen any goldfinches yet and I have lots of coneflowers in bloom for seeds fir them to eat.
What a cute little town! It's cool that the guys got to take a photo in front of the Gibson factory.
ReplyDelete