Wednesday, July 29, 2026

More cutting and some mowing and trimming

I spent some time in the kitchen last evening making food for lunches. I then headed down to the sewing studio and cut out fabric for two more thread beds and two project bags. I pressed the interfacing on the lining pieces and pressed the pieces for the zipper units.
At lunch I did get a few more scissor pouches cut.
There was a dark cloud rolling in, but I went outside anyway after 6 PM when it was cooler to at least trim the front yard. After I ran out of battery power for the trimmer, the cloud had moved out so I had no excuse not to mow at least the front. The grass was still somewhat wet from the rain, but dry enough to mow. Here is the before
and the after. It doesn't look that much different in the pictures, but the grass was long and weeds at the edges of the driveway and flower beds were crazy thick!
The front looks so much better. I am going to have to try and get out after 6 PM the next couple of evenings to continue to mow the sides and the back.  At least this way I can get my steps in at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. The lawn always looks better when it is freshly trimmed. Our grass is turning brown with 25 days without rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you might want to consider hiring it done……wearentdpring chickens any more, you know.

    ReplyDelete