Thursday, November 15, 2018

Where have I been

Work has been frustrating and ridiculous. Frustrating because issues don't get resolve with no leadership. Ridiculous because the drywall finishers and installers continue to make horrible messes and do not control their dust. I am already coughing this morning because of the dust. As some of the areas are painted the amount of space to set up our working space is getting smaller and smaller. We can't move into the painted spaces because the flooring is going to be laid on Monday. One side of the space they are still hanging drywall and on the other side they are putting down floors. It makes no sense to me.

The last of the copper was installed in the MRI room on the floor. Now that is one shiny room! That fellow is soldering all the joints.

The day after the floor was done, they poured a floor leveler on top of it.

Walls are going up next. They have to build the walls, attached all the electric, data, etc. then stand the wall up. They cannot penetrate the copper. Crazy.

I have been not in the mood to sew when I get home. All I want to do is get in the shower and wash the dry wall dust off of me. I scrub and scrub and I still feel dirty. I hate this place. Today I am going to take my laptop and go sit in the cafeteria and work. I am not going to sit up here is the dirt all day!

3 comments:

swooze said...

Hang in there girlfriend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have been on that job site a long time. Do you know how much longer it is going to be? It sounds like the cafeteria is the safest place.

Kaja said...

Breathing in dust doesn't sound good at all. I'm pretty sure that our Health and Safety rules wouldn't let that happen but I guess this stuff differs between countries.