Monday, September 24, 2018

A good weekend

Friday night I got nothing done. It got up to 89 outside so it had to be close to 100 inside the construction zone. I was having to do some physical jobs so the sweat was dripping off of me. I was wiped out so all I wanted was to take a shower and sit in the air conditioning. I did get busy the rest of the weekend and spent the majority of my time working on the project I can't show you yet.

I did get the blocks for the baby flannel quilt sewn together and pressed. There are 38 4-patch blocks in this pile.

I have three more strips to slice and make into blocks, but I set those aside because I want to layout the blocks I have to see what works design wise. If I need to introduce another fabric I will need the cream flannel to pair with it. I have this blue flannel that would look good with the fabrics already in the blocks.

The heat has finally been turned off! What a relief! I did force myself to go mow last evening. The back yard was very long - at least 8 inches! It took awhile to mow that because I had to go so slow with my little mower. It is going to rain today so I had to get that grass mowed. It needs a good trimming too, but that can wait. Despite it being cooler, I was still sweating pretty good by the time I got the back yard done. Someone needs to turn of the humidity machine!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It takes a lot of patience to cut the grass when it gets that long...no zipping through it fast. The humidity is way down here now and really cool overnight. It feels great. I hope it is going your way from here.