Friday, August 17, 2018

So glad it is Friday

It was hard getting up this morning. The heat is getting to me; it is 80 in here this morning and we won't even talk about the humidity. My sinuses are stuffy from breathing in dirt all day and my legs ached last night so it was hard to sleep.

After work I went and got my oil changed so I wouldn't have to leave the house this weekend. This morning I was up very early since I just couldn't sleep and got some quilting done on the third of five boy quilts. This amount of quilting was running thru two bobbins.

I have a lot I need to do this weekend with the first thing of cleaning up the front yard. I have some crabgrass that is enormous! I haven't done anything in the front since it has been so hot and I have felt so lousy. I am going to try and get out early and at least make an attempt to put a dent in the mess.

I would like to get that baseboard sanded and put on a finish coat of paint, and of course get some quilting done. One of my brothers called me yesterday and will be needing a girl baby quilt in a couple of months - yes, another girl! As soon as I get the boy quilts done, I will have to get back to making more girl quilts. That will be six girl quilts and no boy quilts given away this year. It seems to be the year of the girl!

Then it is R.I.P. Aretha. What a voice.

2 comments:

swooze said...

Enjoy your weekend!

Ann said...

Good luck with your yard work. Allergies aren't helping me either.