Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Binding-palooza!

It is time to get these seven baby quilt bound!

I already had binding cut for the pink ones so that is where I started. I started sewing the strips together and after sewing on the third strip I looked at the back side and saw this

What the heck? I rethreaded the machine and nothing changed. I proceeded to clean all the lint I could and after rethreading again and messing with the tension, it was finally sewing correctly. Onward! I got the binding sewn on the first quilt

Then I sewed the binding on the second pink quilt. I was a bit short and I found a scrap of leftover binding. I added that to the binding I had left and thought I had enough to finish the last side. I was wrong; I was about two inches short!

I dug around in my pink scrap bin and low and behold found a scrap big enough! Tonight I will cut that scrap and finish sewing the binding on.

After that is done, I will sew the mitered corners and possibly trim and press the binding.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...


There are 2 sides to the tension on the Pfaff and sometimes one side gets wacky and you need to remember to always go on the other side of that metal piece when you are threading. You probably know to floss both sides with a folded piece of fabric now and then to make sure there is now fuzzy piece caught in the tension.

Ann said...

What a joy to have so many quilts finished. I need to rebuild my baby quilt stash, too.