Tuesday, July 3, 2018

More weeding

Last evening I went to my brother's house to do some yardwork which took an hour to drive from work to his hour. Yes, I have plenty of my own yard work to do, but he has been out of town and the weeds had gone wild! I am taking the divide and conquer approach so I started in the area where there are a few cora bells and hosta that I had transplanted from my house several years ago. I didn't want them to get clear cut with the weed whacker so I hand pulled the weeds. While pulling weeds I found a couple Lenten roses. I did not plant those so I must have carried seeds from my house. Tonight I will rake and weed whack this area so it should look pretty good. Here is the before and after right now.

The next area I attacked was the area along the driveway. There is a pile of leaves in this area that I will bag up tonight. A good raking and a bit of weed whacking and this area will be in good shape.

Now the rest of the yard - yes, it needs a serious haircut. I will see how my energy holds up tonight. I may have to finish tomorrow; there is just a lot to do.

I did have a day lily bloom. The deer missed eating the flower buds!

I was wiped out when I got home so no sewing happened. I am taking off the rest of the week so I will wish you all a happy 4th of July and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Kaja said...

You really made a difference to his garden! A belated Happy 4th of July to you and I hope you are enjoying your break.