Monday, July 30, 2018

a busy five days

Wednesday I traveled to Lancaster, Ohio for a gig with the band. It was a beautiful place.

We weren't allowed to leave until the headliner, a Tom Petty tribute band, was done so we didn't get to our hotel in Columbus until midnight. On Thursday there were two 45 minute shows at the Ohio State Fair.

I got home about 11:30 p.m. and on Friday we had a show in Streetsboro opening up for a Kiss tribute band.

I did have a bit of time before we left for Streetsboro so I made some bags out of the leftover screening fabric that I am using for some equipment covers. The ones that are labeled New and Used are for the guitar picks we sell at the merch booth. We are always losing the little plastic bags so these should work better. The other bags I gave to my brother for stuff he keeps in the tech cabinet.

It was hard to squeeze in watching the TDF, but I managed to keep up with what was going on. Despite having a bad crash, my favorite rider Peter Segan, was able to finish the last three stages with the help of his teammates. Peter won the green jersey with 477 points. The next closest guy had about 170 points.

While I watched it on Sunday I machine quilted baby quilts that were already pin basted. Of the six girl quilts I had finished months ago, I only have one left so it was time to get more done. I got one completely quilted and a another one almost done.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

It must have felt good to do some therapeutic quilting!

barbara woods said...

beautiful

swooze said...

Love your quilting. I need to do something similar soon