Friday, June 22, 2018

More progress on quilting and more rocks!

I was happy to get the rest of this t-shirt quilted last evening. I am so close to having this piece quilted!

I loaded the car up with more rocks and got some nice ones!

When I unload them I have now begun to at least dump them close to where I want to use them so I don't have to move them twice. Here is the front yard where I had begun edging the flower bed until it got too hot to work in the evenings. This faces the south so that explains that!

Here at the side of the garage I need to fix the elevation. The ground slopes into the foundation of the garage instead of away. I will dig up the cora bells add more soil and slope it away from the garage. In the meantime I want to set down the rocks I will use for edging the bed. I also have more cora bells temporarily planted in another area of the yard so those will be moved here. The slope is all goofy because there use to be a sidewalk along the garage.

Out back where my Lenten rose bed is located I need some big rocks. I had used some pine boards as edging that I had salvaged from shelves that I had ripped out of the garage years ago. The boards are decaying so it is time to redo this bed. I hauled these back here in the wheelbarrow.

Depending on the weather, I will try and get a few things done outside. Rain is forecasted all weekend so I won't be able to paint the foundation, but I may be able to get some dirt moved if it is not too hot.

I do want to try and get the JB quilt all quilted so I can start the embroidery and have a portable stitching project to take with me to gigs. We have a lot of shows coming up in July so I will need to keep my hands busy!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are certainly getting a good workout!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If you are getting our weather it is cool, like 60 this morning. It is a pleasant change from the 90s although I'll probably feel the chill when I go down to the basement.

Janie said...

Good progress, yard and quilting.
I'm working on a quilting project too, little
by little it gets done. And I finished piecing two
more blocks for my sampler.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh I know I missed it. Where are you getting those big rocks from? Reminds me of Stonehenge!

‘Scuse me, from where are you getting those big rocks. I forgot my grammar lesson there.