Thursday, June 28, 2018

A little at a time

First on the agenda after work was to unload more rocks. Here are the bigger ones

and here are the smaller ones I hauled home yesterday

I have been setting them approximately where I am going to use them so I don't have to move the bigger ones twice. I have been lining up a border for the cora bell bed at the side of the garage and I like the way it is coming along. Once the weather cooperates a bit I will dig out the cora bells and dump dirt in this area to fix the grade. I will replant the cora bells and with the rock edge I think it will look pretty good.

Meanwhile I took the smaller ones (in the rain!) and dumped them next to the condenser.

I had to get ready for dinner with a friend so off I went to a place just down the road. I had a quesadilla and then they give you nachos. We talked for 3 hours and had a good time. I gave her one of my boxy pouches and she was excited to find a use for it.

I didn't have any time to sew when I got back home, but I had a few minutes before I had to head to work this morning so I got a little stitching done. It was so relaxing I hated to quit!

I am taking a vacation day tomorrow so I won't be posting again until Monday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad to hear that you occasionally take a few hours to just relax and enjoy a good meal and company.
Your side bed is going to look great with the rock border.

Kaja said...

It's looking great, though it's clearly lots and lots of work. I'm starting to think of you as patty the rock lady. :-)