Thursday, May 17, 2018

9 in progress

This next group of boxy pouches is nine. I can use the same color of thread so that makes for quicker construction. Last night I sewed in the rest of the zippers, pressed them, and topstitched next to the zippers

The next step was to sew the two halves together and pressed the seam open

I was happy with getting this much done on all 9. The next step will be to stitch down the seams. I like to do this to keep the seam flat, keep the seam from fraying, and it adds a bit of stiffness and structure to the pouch. You could use any kind of decorative stitch; I use a staggered zig zag.

Are you following along and making one for yourself?

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was using a pattern that doesn't have a bottom seam and it is quite a wrestle to get the second half of the zipper sewn. I need to try one with 2 piece and a seam.