Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Thinking and decisions

Last night I finally got to watch some bike racing - Paris Roubaix. This is a race from the outskirts of Paris to Roubaix. I had to tape the end of the race as I just couldn't keep my eyes open after a long day in and out of the cold at work. This is a one day race with the riders going over cobble paths that the farmers use.

I got a bit done on the JB piece. I sewed the border fabric to the black t-shirt section and rearranged the pieces a bit. What I am thinking about is having the blue cloud border fabric extend from the top to the bottom separating the black section from the white t-shirt section to the right to give the effect that the shirts are floating.

Another item that I am thinking about so I can make a decision is which border print do I want to put at the center bottom - the yellow print like what is shown above or the border print like in this picture which carries the blue sky and white clouds in this area?

I will probably join the next t-shirt section to the black t-shirt section then sit back and look, think, then decide my next move. I am leaning toward the border print with the blue sky.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This one definitely looks like it will take a lot of contemplating. Designing is one of the most rewarding parts of the quiltmaking process.

Kaja said...

Sitting back to look and think is one of my favourite bits of improv.