Monday, March 26, 2018

Busy weekend

The weekend included an oil change, laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, and going to my brother's house to get my rake. I also finished quilting the Harley quilt. I did get the binding cut, sewn together and pressed, but not sewn on the quilt.

My box with interfacing had come from HomeSew and I wanted to start getting a bunch of boxy pouches cut out. I cut out a pile of interfacing pieces and then fabric for the outside and inside of the pouches. I used up some larger scraps which was great.

I cut the fabric 12 1/2" x 9 1/2" which will make a nice medium sized pouch. My sister wanted several more for her, her daughter and a friend so I need to get those made. Also last time I went to get my hair cut, I showed one of them to my beautician and a customer of another beautician saw it and wanted one for a friend of hers so I have to have that one made next time I go get my hair cut and hand it off. I also want to make a few to give family and friends for Easter.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I haven't made any of those boxy pouches for several years so your post is inspiring me to get a couple more made with my crazy piecing as the outside fabric.

Ann said...

Looks like you'll have a busy spring. How kind of you to make all these pouches.