Monday, January 29, 2018

Sewing and painting

I got the first top sewn together that I will be sending to Vicki of Colorways by Vicki Welch for a veteran lap quilt. It turned out 48 1/2" x 61".

I put a second one on the design wall and have it almost sewn together. I just have to sew together the top five rows and then attach that section to the bottom 10 rows.

Friday night the painter came. He got the high area at the steps painted

and the living room ceiling. The ceiling goes from 8' to 13 1/2'.
He was suppose to arrive at 5 but showed up at 6:30. He got done about 10:30 and I hit the bed at 10:45. I had to get up early to get my hair cut so it was a short night. I see a couple of spots the need some touch up on the ceiling, but they are at the lower end so I will take care of that eventually.

Saturday I sewed and Sunday I sanded and painted. I sanded some parts of the TV cabinet and primed them.

I also primed a bunch more trim.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A busy weekend for you!! I'm glad you fitted in a little sewing to relax.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It will be so good to have fresh walls! That is the only good to come from the flood, it is all fresh and new. When Frank retires, he won’t have a thing to do! LOL

Ann said...

The quilts and painting look good. How nice and fresh it will all be.

Kaja said...

I hate painting ceilings! Step by step you are getting there, and still whipping out quilts along the way.

Becky in VA said...

Thank you for the veteran's quilts. Your effort is greatly appreciated and they will be given to veterans at the V.A. Hospital in Richmond VA. Good luck on your home projects and happy stitching!