Wednesday, January 17, 2018

5th herringbone blue top and what am I going to used all those bookshelves for?

I had to cut two more pieces of light fabric and now I can sew together the 5th blue herringbone top.

I was asked by Swoozie "What are you going to put in all those bookcases?" I have plans! This house has no storage except for the closets and there are not many cabinets in the kitchen. The first items in the bookcases were my cookbooks. This makes me so happy I have a place to put them now. I also now have a place for my FoodSaver and my tea.

Then I starting moving the photo albums in, my china, a tea set that was my Mom's when she was little, Mom's binoculars, and a bowl that my Grandmother brought back on one of her trips. I think it was from AZ. I remember that bowl sitting on my parent dining room table or the buffet and it collected stuff. I had no place to honor these items that I brought home after our Dad died. Now I can enjoy seeing them.

I had to think hard, but I finally remember where I put my two boxes of pottery that I have collected over the years. The pottery was in another cabinet that I gave my son and now it will go in the bookcases. Here is one box.

I have been editing my stuff and did get rid of some cookbooks and other items. They went to the Goodwill. I am putting my eye to everything again as I put items in the bookcases and there may be a few more that don't make the cut. So far I am ecstatic that I have so much space! I have a number of baking pans that don't fit in my kitchen cabinets so they will be going in the lower part of the cabinets. Downstairs where I had the cookbooks in a bookcase has now freed up space where I can put my scrap bins.
after the cookbooks were moved upstairs

3 comments:

Janice Holton said...

What a wonderful feeling to have new storage and places to put things! I am amazed at how many herringbone quilts you have made! What are your plans for them?

Ann said...

Storage space is so useful and attractive space like this is a real plus. Good for you for putting only what you really like in these bookshelves... and for gaining some scrap bin storage space.

Kaja said...

Your shelves will look beautiful. I like that you are editing as you go. I've only ever done that when I was moving, but it is so satisfying to see only carefully chosen things and not just big piles of stuff with no other home. (Though that may only be me!)