Friday, December 15, 2017

A new day - a top done

After the flooring guy and I had it out yesterday, I had him put the second coat of varnish on the floor and get the heck out of my house. I just don't have the funds to get another company to redo the finish. The flooring guy's workmanship was not the issue. He did an excellent job. I just couldn't take his condescending attitude any more. After three days of it I had had enough. I gave up getting my floor stained with a pickled finish to get him the heck out of my house. I am only going to live in this house until I retire so the next place will be done the way I want it or that company can hit the bricks! It is a new day and I am moving forward!

The smell was pretty bad in the house when I got home from work. I had a Christmas program I went to so by the time I got back home the smell was better since the floor was dry. Now it just the matter of the air changing out to eliminate the rest of the smell. I did managed to get that quilt top sewn together.

This weekend is going to be a busy one. I need to start installing the baseboard and trim so I can put the furniture back and I need to take apart my dryer vent and clean it out. I went to get my clothes out of the dryer this morning and they had that smell. You know that smell when it is time to clean out the dryer venting. I will try and get a bit of sewing and baking done too.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I just hope that you gave him some constructive feedback.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Glad that is over with. He was just a jerk. I hate men who think women can't make decsons and understand the work that is being done.

PS.....Aren't you running out of pink YET?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm sure you will enjoy the floors as they are once you get that jerk out of your memory.

Kaja said...

Sounds like a good move. I hate paying for someone I don't like to be in my house.