Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Next project

I borrow Victoria Finley Wolf's new book Modern Quilt Magic from the library and decided I would try using the partial piecing technique to make a baby quilt. I had to draft the size of the piece I need to cut so I could get four rows of fabric that would be the right width for a baby quilt when they are sewn together. I want the pieces to be wide too. I dug out my pinks and can start cutting tonight.

I will making one first before I cut a bunch of fabric.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a fun method. I first made some of that piecing way back when Georgia Bonesteel had it in one of her books. I like the ones in Victoria's book but can't imagine making a big bed size one.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Interesting! I have a ton of pinks to use up.........and a silly grandson who requires blue!

Kaja said...

This looks like it could be fun.