Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Cutting and scraps

After the floor refinishing guy left - he came to look at my floors and set up a date to do the work - I got down in the studio and started cutting more fabric for the next herringbone quilt. I cut fabric for 2 hours! I did find two pieces of this light pink fabric with brown circle. I sewed the two together and was able to get two 4.5" x 16.5" pieces.

Here is the pink scrap pile, well at least part of it. I was combing thru it to find pieces I could use for the latest herringbone quilt. I like to use as many different fabrics as possible and my choices are starting to dwindle.

Here is the pile at the end of the night. I found some 3.5" strips, there are lots of triangles, and patches that I used for zig zag quilts. Good stuff!

I found enough fabrics for the striped herringbone quilt and got started on sewing together the left column. So here is what it looks like now

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are going to be all set with baby girl quilts.

Janice Holton said...

You have inspired me. I will never again go to the store to buy more fabric if I have enough scraps to sew together the right size piece!

Kaja said...

I sew scraps together too. :-) You are on a roll with these pink fabrics.