Monday, November 20, 2017

19th finish for 2017 and R.I.P. Malcolm Young

I started out the weekend by mowing the back yard. It was like a hayfield. It took me over and hour to get it done. That was hard work and I was tired! It looks so much better. I needed to get it done before the rain rolled in on Saturday. While I was mowing there was a big buck having lunch, but my mowing didn't seem to bother him. After all he is used to mowers since he is a city deer! I couldn't get a picture of him.
Before
After

I finished another herringbone quilt and here it is. It finished 42" x 52 1/2". I had a awful time with my quilting thread breaking when I was free motion quilting this. I am still not sure what the issue was, but I kept at it and got 'er done!

I have the next one on the design wall and I will show you it tomorrow.

Saturday Malcolm Young passed away. He was one of the founders and rhythm guitar player for the band AC/DC. You know how much I love AC/DC; after all I spent a good part of 2016 making that art quilt with AC/DC t shirts. Malcolm had left the band three years ago due to dementia and that is what caused his death. R.I.P Malcolm Young. Say hi to Bon for all of us.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love that backing material! Congrats on your finish!

Kaja said...

Another fine finish!