Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Taking a night off

I have been working hard moving out of the job trailer and I was tired when I got home. I still have more to move, but I am getting down to the last of the files and furniture. Today the IT guy is coming to move my computer over to the school where my office will be for a month or two, Thursday the electrician will be here to disconnect the electricity, guys from the home office to move out the copier, and the alarm company will be here to remove their equipment, and Friday the trailer company will pull the trailer out. Somewhere in between the port-a-john company will be here to pickup their unit and that should take care of everything.

So to fill in my evening I spent some time talking to my sister and looking at this new book I borrowed from the library

I like old quilts and the quilts shown were beautiful. There were appliqued quilts

Pieced and appliqued

And lots of pieced quilts from more complex to simple.

The book was written as if a woman from the time period that the quilts were made had written this book in first person. I am not into fiction so the writing wasn't my cup of tea. The photography was beautiful.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is fun to look at the pioneer style quilts since we are still using a lot of the same blocks in our quilts today. Their colors were more subdued as I'm sure their clothing was too.

Kaja said...

From these photos the quilts speak for themselves - just lovely.