Tuesday, September 12, 2017

UFO action

I had a very long and exhausting day at work yesterday. I ended up with over 13,000 steps from my many trips out to the job site. There ended up being a problem with a sanitary pipe. The drawing showed the line was connected into an existing line, but it wasn't. After many phone calls, visits from several people, and digging, the contractors fixed the problem so all is good now.

Today could be another wild one. There are two 70' light towers that have to be moved from where the band was practicing while the school was being constructed to the new site where I am working. The streets are narrow and the path the truck has to take is not anywhere near straight.

I was so tired after I got home there wasn't much I had the energy to do. This morning I decided I had a few minutes and thought about all the talk yesterday from Glenda and Swoozie about their UFO lists. I had been working on my UFO for a number of years as I report every month on Vicki Welch's blog. I decided to take a fresh look at it this morning and I am declaring this piece done. It is 35 x39 and was made with a couple of t-shirts and batiks.

I had improv pieced it and machine quilted it. I was adding some pearl cotton hand stitching in the narrow areas I left non machine quilted. As I looked at it, I decided it was quilted enough. In this picture you can see the hand stitching in the gray and the narrow unquilted areas in the blue fabric I had left to do more hand stitching in.

I pulled out this log cabin quilt which I have decided to pull out all the basting and what hand quilting I have done on it. Why? I want to get it done so I am going to machine quilt it and this quilt was basted together before I started using 80/20 batting as this quilt has 100% poly batting. Pulling out all the basting and hand quilting will be a good job to do when I come home exhausted from work.

There is hand quilting only in some of the blocks

Here is the fabric on the back. I just love this fabric.

I look forward to crossing off more completed UFOs off my list. I print out pictures of my UFOs so I can have a visual look at what I need to do. It makes it easier than digging thru a pile.

5 comments:

Charlene S said...

Great idea to photo them. You could even write on back what is left to do.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You Go Girl! I like the idea of the photos. That gives you a visual reminder of what needs to be done!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm a visual person too so I should print photos of mine too. That way they have a chance of getting finished.

Vicki W said...

I love your idea of posting photos of the UFO projects. That really keeps them front and center!

Kaja said...

Printing ufo photos is a great idea! I like the one that you have declared finished.