Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Chugging away

I quilted on the feed sack quilt for about 3 1/2 hours yesterday - lunch time plus after work. I now am 50% done with the quilting.

I quilted this green and yellow sack

and I got part of this yellow sack quilted

Here is a peek of the back so you can see the detail quilting I am doing. Going around the lettering takes more time and a lot of concentration, but the result is well worth it.

The fellow I am making the quilt for offered me this cute puppet this morning for all my hard work. It has glasses like me and has some knitting in her hand. I thanked the fellow very much for the puppet, but I didn't have a place to keep it. He collects puppets and I told him he needed to keep it, but from now on her name is Patty. He was ok with that.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the quilting you are adding to the feed sacks. Great solution for the newly named puppet, too.

Robin said...

I love the way the quilting looks on the back. Too fun!

Ann said...

I enjoy the history you are quilting. It's lots of work to use vintage materials; they have holes or worn spots in odd places. Great quilting. Going around the letters enhances them. Keep it up.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am totally intrigued with this quilt. I so love it. And that puppet! what a girl!

Kaja said...

I really like how the quilting somehow makes everything clearer - the lettering and designs on the sacks are enhanced by what you do. I've never seen a quilt made from actual feed sacks before so I'm fascinated by this.