Monday, August 28, 2017

Stitching, dyeing, and a party

What a busy weekend. I stitched a bit Friday after work, but I also had to take the interior trim off my front door and paint around the edges as my new door was going to be installed Saturday morning. Here is the old door. See the rot?

and here is my new door

Saturday evening I went to a 50th wedding anniversary party. Michael and a bunch of other musicians played. The couple is a real supporter of the local music scene and all the musicians volunteered to play for free. Here is the happy couple dancing with a little girl. I don't know who the little girl was. Michael is in the background wearing red.

The food was great too. Everything from shrimp and chicken on skewers to mini cupcakes made by one of the waitress.

Sunday was all about stitching. Here is where I started on this shirt
and here is where I am at now
To finish off the weekend I decided I needed to get those pants dyed. The dye my nephew brought me was more of a grass green so I added a bunch of yellow to get more of a lime green.

I soaked them overnite in a bucket of hot water to exhaust the dye out of the pants per instructions via Vicki Welch of Colorways by Vicki Welch. Since I didn't have time to mess with them this morning I decided to dump the water and changed the water to let them soak all day. I will wash them tonight and hang them to dry only to keep them from shrinking. I took out the hem because my brother said to do that in case my SIL had to let the hem down as Michael keeps getting taller. I will have to stitch the hem back in before I hand them over. So far I am very happy with the color. I had to continually stir the pants as I was dyeing them so keep the color consistent.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a busy weekend! I hope the pants come out with a consistent color. You are brave to do it.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Great job on the pants. I love to dye! did youget the door with internal blinds? I cant tell. I love mine. Probably should have told you that PRIOR