Monday, August 14, 2017

Oops!

My plans for the weekend were to stay home and stitch on the R.E.M. quilt. Saturday morning I got a phone call from my brother about what time they were leaving for the band's gig that night. Oops - I forgot all about that! I did stitch as much as I could and headed out at 3 to meet up with everyone. The place we played was a barn like building. It was very cool with a small stage, loft, bar, kitchenette, and indoor plumbing. They had lots of fun lighting and they opened the three garage doors so there was access to the tents. Michael's band was one of five acts that played.

This is Skully the bass player

This is James the drummer. James and Michael have been playing music together since they were in kindergarten. Yes we have a ginger drummer just like The Jimy Hendrix Experience with Mitch Mitchell and Cream had Ginger Baker.
My brother Mike hard at work
and the band tearing up the place

The barn was decorated with lots of handmade art and up in the loft on a sofa there was a quilt. I never have seen this design before. It was hand pieced and machine quilted.

I didn't get to bed until 1:11 a.m. so I was tired on Sunday. I did get some stitching done though.
I got all the locations and dates stitched on the Vote For Change shirt. Here is the before
and the after

Next is the Monster shirt. I ran out of the apricot floss so I will go get another skein today so I can finish that. I switched to a light green floss for the other areas. I outlined the R.E.M. yellow banner in purple. detailing this image is going to take a while!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That barn type building looks like a great place for them to play with art of all kinds around them.

Ann said...

Yes, what a gorgeous barn. How fortunate that you could hear them play and arrive early. Such a great day.

Kaja said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and you still sneaked in some stitching.