Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Jobs done

Last night when I got home from work I notice that the neighbor's tree was now touching my garage roof. There is some vine that grows like a weed intertwined in most of his trees. I didn't like what I saw so I took action. I wanted to make it a bit harder for critters to end up on the roof.

I crawled up on the roof and cut back as far as I could without leaning or over reaching. Once I got down to the ground I could pull on the vines and finish cutting what I could. Here is what it looks like now. A good job done.

The rest of the evening I made and sewed on labels. Another job done. This morning it dawned on me that I put the wrong last name on the yellow label. I was able to fix it without making a new label.

The yellow and purple quilt will be an anniversary gift for a couple that are always helping out with the band especially the hard part of packing up after a show. They are having a anniversary party in a couple of weeks. I have a love/hate relationship with this quilt. I like the colors and the way I quilted it, but once it was done in 2012 and I hung it up for the picture, it looked so unbalanced to me. I posted it on July 9, 2012. It was my 19th finish for the year. I didn't measure it, but it is probably a full size quilt. Each one of the batik squares was quilted differently and I hand dyed the yellow and purple fabric on the back.

So with giving this one away and two more baby quilts I will have reduced my stash of quilts by five quilts in the last couple of months.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Darn, darn,darn! I didn't take a phot of Jenn and Chuck with the mountains quilt! Oh well. I can see the feeling that it is unbalanced, but it actually set in a very modern setting. I know they will certainly love it. The quilting is awesome! And I am so glad you didn't tell ,e you were going on that roof..... i would have been so worried!

Kaja said...

I really like your quilting on this, especially the way the different colours add interest to the back. And your labels are very cool. You wouldn't catch me on the roof, but I applaud your tree-taming efforts.