Thursday, June 22, 2017

Survived without electricity

When I first got to work yesterday I turned the A/C down low and got the trailer as cold as I could before they turned the electricity off. It went off at 10 a.m. and they turned it back on at 3:30 p.m. The internet didn't come back on though. There was a nice breeze yesterday and about 1 p.m. I had to open the windows because the trailer was getting warm. BY four when I left it was getting too hot for me so it worked out and I survived. This morning we got the internet finally sorted out about 11 a.m. so I am up and running again. Lots of paperwork to catch up on. This is the meter board that they had to remove and just move my meter closer to the fence.
and this is what it looks like now

I worked on the Monster t-shirt and managed to get the border done. The turquoise thread is pretty again the tan t-shirt.

Next I got a bit of the border on this shirt stitched.

The reason I am jumping around from shirt to shirt is I want to first get the border stitching done on all the shirts. Once I get that done I can stitch on the facing binding and then the piece will look a bit more finished for the submission picture. I also want to make sure I have some embroidery on all the shirts then I can go back and keep adding more until I run out of time. I got a couple more patches in the mail yesterday. These will add another layer of embellishment to the piece. I have some other patches already and have been collecting some pins too. I will also add guitar picks that I have from Mike Mills and Peter Buck.

1 comment:

Kaja said...

The turquoise does indeed look pretty with the tan. I like the sound of all the additions you are planning, in addition to the stitching; it's going to be a really rich piece.