Thursday, June 8, 2017

Plugging away

I got a bit more done on the R.E.M. quilt. I added a few more rows of stitching yesterday. I haven't decided exactly how I am going to finish the stitching on the denim area I have been working on, but I changed course a bit and started stitching on the pocket. I want you to be able to stick your hands in the pockets so I will be only stitching the pocket and not thru the other layers. So here is what it looks like now.

I didn't find much in the parking lot this morning, but that's ok. Yesterday was the last day for students. Here is what I found

Some kid left their bike on the edge of the school property. I left the bike where it laid. Why would you leave your bike? I remember when I got my first bike for Christmas. I took care of it! Years later when my five brothers started getting bigger, they would ride it and let's just say they were not gentle. They ended up destroying it with jumping it on homemade ramps.

About six weeks ago I found this tool box on site. There was no name or company name on the box. I asked around to try and see if anyone knew of someone who misplaced their box, but so far I have not found the owner. I will keep it at the trailer on site and maybe someone will claim it.

Here are all the pens, pencils, etc. that I found in the school parking lot this past school year. I will never have to buy a pencil.

This morning's sunrise.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You need to glue the pencils together and make an art piece! You know, every person who did work at my house since the flood left something. One guy even left his pants......PANTS. I swear he did not take them off in my presence! I was always amazed at how a person who works with tools, could forget expensive items at a job.

Kaja said...

Who on earth leaves a bike?!!!