First thing was to get the bathroom and bedroom/office doors hung and install the new hardware.
The doors are not exceptionally heavy, but I did have to carry them up one step at a time resting the door on each step as I went. Bathroom door
Bedroom/office. There are two screws that hold the door handle together. I had a terrible time trying to get one of the screws in. I don't know if it was a problem with the handle or me. Right now it is functioning fine, but I will have to go and revisit this.
I didn't get as much done as I wanted. I am tired. I did head outside and decided to weed this smaller bed.
There weren't too many weeds and the job did not take very long at all. I put a wheelbarrow of sweet peat around the plants and called it done.
It was so nice out I decided I needed to start moving the extra sweet peat to storage. I had to clean up an area out back for the tarp
I moved 10 wheelbarrow loads of material
Here is the pile in the driveway before and after moving the 10 loads. Looks like I have at least another 10 to 12 to move.
Two other little jobs I did were to touch up a spot on the bedroom ceiling that was driving me crazy. Yes, my bedroom ceiling is black
And I had one of the window cranks that jiggled back and forth when opening and closing the window.
All I had to do was to take the handle and cover off then tighten up the one screw I could get to. The mechanism has another screw, but to get to it I would have to pull out the trim. Tightening the one screw helped a lot so unless the problem gets worse, I will call it done.
I have one more job to do and the bedroom will be done - done meaning done except for getting the floors refinished, the trim around the doors, and then installing baseboard or skirting. It will be easier for the floor guys that there is no baseboard and trim around some of the doors. I went to put the cover on the a receptacle and the cover did not cover the entire hole. I have an oversized cover and it is still not big enough. I got some spackling and filled in around the receptacle. It looks messier in this picture than what it really is. I may have to add a bit spacking then sand, prime, and paint the area. A little thing that takes a lot of steps!
The universe was generous this morning. Here is what I found.