Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Exciting news!

I received a phone call last night from one of the coordinators for the Akron Art Prize. There is a gallery in Hudson that is going to show pieces from last year's exhibit that used more unusual materials and she asked if my AC/DC piece was available because she would like it in the show! Last year when they had this exhibit, they only picked 15 out of the 188 pieces of art from the 2015 show for this special exhibit so I feel very honored to be asked. The piece is the one shown in my header.

Meantime, I did get a bit done on my piece for this year's Akron Art Prize. I got the olive shirt with the orange star done and the small Green Tour piece. The material for the Green tour piece is actually nylon/polyester with a sweatshirt lining. I had to be careful because the nylon wanted to move around a bit so I had to hold the fabric in place so I didn't get any puckers.

I told the coordinator what my piece was going to be this year and she got very excited. She said she loves R.E.M.'s music so she is very interested to see what I do. Just because I apply for the show doesn't not mean I will get in, but I am going to try!

5 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Yay! Congratulations! You should be so proud of your incredible work and creativity! You go, Girlfriend!

swooze said...

That is exciting! Congrats!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is exciting to have your quilt in another show!

Vicki W said...

That is very exciting news!

Kaja said...

Congratulations! How fantastic that your AC/DC quilt has been chosen.