Monday, March 13, 2017

That's a lot of rows!

I stitched and stitched and stitched this weekend on the Chinese Coin quilt - Friday 16 rows, Saturday 72 rows, Sunday 80 rows for a total of 168 rows. I am happy that it lies so flat for all that stitching!

I figure I still have at least 80 more rows to stitch. Here you can see the areas that have not been crosshatched and have not have been stitched at all.

When I ended up with just a bit of dark purple thread left, I am now starting to get concerned if I will have enough thread to finish this. There are several other spools that you might not be able to tell by the picture, but they are close to being used up. I am not buying any more of this thread so there could be a lot of blue lines that happen since I have fours spools of blues!

The weird thing about this thread is the yellows and dark pink make my sewing machine make a very loud sound, while the other colors do not cause that to happen.

Sunday I made these cinnamon bread sticks. Oh my, they are so tasty!

I hate the time change. I liked coming to work when it was light out and now it is pitch black again. I wish the politicians would leave the time alone!

4 comments:

Charlene S said...

Daylight Savings time has to go! We are no longer an agricultural society. Tractors have headlights. Being given a morning person I love the early morning sunlight but 4am is too early for full daylightime and 9:30 is too late for dusk. I love how that quilt is coming along.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot of quilting! It sounds like blue needs to be every other color or ever third color from here to the end.

The cinnamon bread sticks look delicious!

swooze said...

It's looking good. I think it gets easier to quilt the more lines you get done. He finds it to be true?

Vicki W said...

I really like the effect of the thread colors. I wish you lived by me so you could just come and borrow some of my thread. I have enough for every quilt we will make until we die and then there will still be lots left over!