Thursday, March 2, 2017

One monthly goal (OMG) challenge post and more progress

I am such a goof! I manage to go to Elm Street Quilts and post my OMG project, but miss posting reaching my goal or not. My goal for February was to get the graduation t-shirt done. Read below for it's status as of last night.

Well, I am going to try again to post my monthly goad and post if I made my goal for March! My goal for March is to get a start on my Akron Art Prize piece. Since I will probably put a lot of handwork on it, I want as much time as possible to work on it. It will be due in August. I need to go thru these two bins and a basket of t-shirts from my brother, and the hanger full of t-shirts of mine to pick out my materials. My theme this year will be the band R.E.M. My brother toured with them on every tour since 1988. I have had the opportunity to see them many times in concert and to meet them.

I worked on the t-shirt quilt last evening and I am now 88% done with the quilting. I got the pillowcase blocks quilted (the one with Dante's name was hard to quilt. The name was put on with a iron on transfer and the thread broke on me twice because the transfer was stiff and would grab the thread)

got this red block done and the red done in one of the sashings

I need to get the rest of the quilting done tonight and possibly get started on the binding. I know if I work hard I can get this done for delivery Saturday morning.

Winter showed up last night. It was windy! Rain/frozen rain/sleet and then a bit of snow came down. When I went for my walk this morning I slipped a bit on some black ice twice so I had to be careful.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

So....On July 31 I don't want to hear any whining about not being done!

(can't wait to see the REM quilt, It will be fantastic)

Patty said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.