Friday, January 20, 2017

I forgot ...

to post the pictures my sister sent me with her dentist. He and his wife just had a baby girl about 13 weeks ago and I sent my sister a quilt for the baby. She said he loved it and she says she is now his favorite patient!

I also forgot how fun it is to get a package of fabric. Last night I received two - one from Hancock's of Paducah and one from ebay. Yes a bit more minion fabric!
From Hancock's I got such a great deal on pink Jolly Roger - $2.99 a yard! The other two pinks for baby girl quilts were $4.99 a yard.
Also from Hancock' was this Timeless Treasure black and white print for $2.99. I thought it would make a cute back for baby quilts so I bought six yards.
A couple of Halloween fabrics at $4.99
Then to round out my order I got these three minion fabrics for $5.99 a yard

From ebay I got this cute minion fabric which I had never seen before. It was about 4 3/4 yards and came to $5.26 a yard and shipping was free!

I had to wash a load of my work clothes last night so I threw in some of the fabric as there was plenty of room in the washer. This is all washed, pressed, and ready to be made into quilts!

I made cookies last night for the guys - Pecan Sandies. Oh my goodness they are good! I got the recipe from For Love of the Table. Toasting the pecans really upped the taste of these. I would definitely make these again. I double the recipe, but I think I made the cookies bigger than they were suppose to be. I also didn't take the time to roll into balls and flatten with a glass. I just made balls and flatten them with my hand. I already took them out to the job site and the guys were devouring them.

I managed to get three more rows sewn on the quilt top. I will have it done for sure this weekend and I have enough scraps to make one more.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, it is fun to get packages of fabric and twice the fun when it is at bargain prices.

Kaja said...

I am a bit envious of your fabric parcels. Over here £4 wouldn't even get half a metre.