Friday, November 4, 2016

Tea towel quilt progress

I got bobbins wound and then it was quilting the tea towel quilt. I actually started in the middle - that is not always the case with the way I quilt - and made good progress quilting the tea towels. The linen the towels were printed on is a looser weave and it moves around quite a bit. I thought about following the design on the towels, but with the linen as squirrely as it is I decided to just do an overall pattern to nail it down. I have not quite half the towels quilted.

The weather is suppose to nice this weekend so I need to take advantage of that and get some work done outside. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Weather is still great here too. I have a couple things to dig up and pots to empty.

I think I used to have one of those tea towels too.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We are supposed to be getting cooler this weekend, too. I want to go to the Pontchatoula antiques fest tomorrow and see if I can find a table.

I like the way this tea towel quilt is going. When I get my stuff set up again, I want to finish some of the things that need quilting before I do too much more. But, I say that now.

Vicki W said...

You're going to have this one done in no time! It's beautiful here this weekend too. Since I'm going to Virginia Tech to watch a football game next Saturday I expect blizzard conditions by the end of the week.