Friday I took a half day vacation since it was so nice outside. I needed to get more outside stuff done. I first cleaned up the garage - swept up the leaves, cleaned up piles that needed to go into the recycling bin, put stuff where it belonged, etc. Then it was onto working in the yard. My plan was to move the cora bells from the front bed to a bed in the back so I could put black plastic over the front bed to kill all the weed seeds over the winter.
I needed to clean up the back first and here is what that looked like.
I spent a lot of time crawling on my hands and knees pulling up all the weeds. I had dumped some leftover sweet peat for storage two years ago and thought I would move that up into the front bed
until I found bunches of these Lenten rose seedlings!
I have a big bed of these plants in the back yard where it is shady most of the day. The deer won't eat these.
So I dug up a bunch of the seedlings and transplanted them into the newly groomed sweet peat.
By the time I got this done it was getting dark and I was getting tired so the cora bells did not get transplanted Friday. Saturday it rained most of the day. I did go shopping on Saturday morning because I needed a new electric heater for my studio. My other one burnt up the other night and I mean burnt up! I kept smelling this smell like welding fumes and could not figure out where it was coming from. The next night I turned the heater on, heard cracking and saw smoke. I unplugged the heater and tossed it out the front door. So far I like my new heater and it was on sale.
I got the outer border all quilted this weekend! All I have left to do is quilt the navy piano keys and put the binding on!
I couldn't work in the yard on Sunday because it snowed Saturday evening and the wind was howling. As soon as we get a bit of sunshine the snow will be gone. Tuesday it is suppose to be in the low 40's and sunshine so that will be my opportunity to get the cora bells moved.