Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Feeling it

I am feeling it this morning, that is, the second evening of working in the yard. A couple of Excedrin and I am now good to go. As long as the weather stays nice, I will be continuing to work in the yard instead of quilting.

I was happy with the progress I made last evening. I had this mess that needed cleaned up. I had already started taking down the fencing when I took the picture

So what is this for? I planted a evergreen tree that is low to the ground and the fencing is to protect it from someone stepping on it when it is covered with snow. The grass and weeds had overtaken it.

So here it is all cleaned up. The neighbor kids, 6 and 4, came over to inspect my work. I asked them if they knew what a zip tie was. Of course the answer was no. I showed them how zip ties worked and they helped me add a few more to anchor the fencing to the rebar.

I had to get the weed whacker out to trim the grass around the evergreen tree so I ended up going ahead and trimming the front yard and around the center flower bed. After that it was back to cleaning up that bed. Here is a picture from another angle of what still needed to be tackled.

Darkness came quickly so this is not the greatest picture of what it looks like now. There is still more dead crabgrass and weeds that need pulled.

I ended up with two wheel barrows of stuff for the compost pile.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The more yard work we do now, the easier it will be in the spring.

Vicki W said...

I tend to clean out my beds once a year only and that will likely wait until February. I'm lazy!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhh, I bet you have a very interesting compost pile with all those flower seed in there!

It just feels good to do yard work. Physically, emotionally and visually -- you are rewarded in so many ways.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhh, I bet you have a very interesting compost pile with all those flower seed in there!

It just feels good to do yard work. Physically, emotionally and visually -- you are rewarded in so many ways.