Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Electricity - a good thing

Yesterday I got to work, a construction trailer, and we had no electricity. We didn't have the account number and waited on hold for an hour. We called back after we had the account number and the automated voice said someone would be here by noon. Well, at 2 p.m. the electric guy found us. It was 39 degrees when I first got to work and for several hours we sat in a pick up truck to keep warm. It finally warmed up during the day so we could sit outside and wait. The problem was a melted fuse on the pole. We are back in business today!

I did get a lot of walking in yesterday; it was better than just sitting around. All the walking hit me about 6 and I was so tired, too tired to even quilt. I did get some done on the tea towel quilt over the weekend. The navy thread I had is a light navy, so I think things will work out for the best as I placed an order with Superior Thread for some King Tut that was on sale including a dark navy. I should get my order today and I can get the navy part of the piano key border done tonight. The rust and black print is a vintage Marminko fabric I picked up at an estate sale dirt cheap.

Here is the back

I have been trying to walk everyday before work and this was the sunrise

There were a couple glazed doughnuts laying in the high school parking lot and I wondered how long it would be before the crows found them. It didn't take too long!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Beautiful sunrise! Those crows will eat anything.

Vicki W said...

I love watching crows!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

At Santa CAAWS someone brought some fancy donuts. One was caramel with bacon pieces. I was good.....well, I only had 2........2well, maybe it was more like 4. But I did keep it in single digits!

Love the baptist fan quilting......

Kaja said...

What a lovely sunrise. Your quilt is looking really good. I like the fabrics you have chosen for your borders a lot; they complement the tea towels beautifully.