Tuesday, November 1, 2016

15th finish for 2016

Yesterday I decided to just get this quilt done. All that was left to do was to sew on the pockets, a cuff, a label, and a pair of suspenders. Yes, you read the right - a pair of suspenders. This quilt is for my sister. She lives in Georgia. It is 72" x 84 1/2". She had found a quilt on pintreast which I cannot find the picture of and wanted me to use it for the design of this quilt. The backing is lavender which is one of her favorite colors.

There was a doe chilling in the backyard.

I went for a walk down to the school to get some steps in and look at the stuff I found - pencils, pens, a highlighter, a broken clip, empty tubes of lip balms, playing cards, a lanyard, a rock, and two pennies. I didn't pick up the four water bottles that still had water in them.

Then there were two stickers firmly attached to the sidewalk and pavement.

I also worked on the secret project this weekend. I finished all the machine quilting. I have the hand stitching done on two of the 6 t-shirts I used in this piece and the third shirt is 90% done. I spent some time on ebay looking for patches that would look good on this and I found three that would work. The person receiving this may have some patches or pins they could add to the piece.


4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool quilt for your sister! is there another secret project? I know I missed something....I'm catching up and reading backwards.

Ann said...

Adding the suspenders is a stellar idea. As always, I love your structural designs. Congratulations.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Visiting from Ann's link - I really like this memory quilt's minimal approach. Those suspenders absolutely make it work. What a treasure.

Janie said...

Well done!
Thanks for sharing your walk photos, I like your perspective.
Have a great day.