Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Where have I been?

I worked on the flannel 9 patch blocks and now have enough three patch units to made another 46 blocks. This is all the flannel scraps I have left.

I still have some yardage and I didn't cut up my shirt yet. I will just keep working away on the flannel and try to get it made up into quilts.

Sunday I drove 50 miles to Dover pick up my son and I then drove to Pittsburgh to see my brother and the Springsteen concert. It was good to see my brother as he travels so much touring and now lives on the west coast. Another brother, his wife, and son were there too! Good times!

We had tickets and wrist bands for the floor. My son went to get a beer and ran into Jakub Vorachek who plays for the Philadelphia Flyers. Note: we were in Pittsburgh. My son said hello and told Jakub what a fan he was of the Flyers. They took a selfie and my son was absolutely estatic! He had the biggest grin on his face!

Jakub had a floor wrist band in the same section as us. He and Jakub ran into each other again at the concession stand and as the night continued Jakub asked my son if he would like to party with him so they ended up hanging out together the rest of the evening drinking beer, dancing, singing, and taking videos of themselves together singing.
I got to meet Jakub too. My son told him he was at the concert with his Mom and he said 'Cool'. He they are together having a good time. My son is in the blue shirt with the orange and Jakub has the reddish beard to the right of my son wearing a ball cap and the gray t-shirt.

We also got to meet Ondrej Pauelec the goalie for the Winnipeg Jets. He had a seat beside Jakub, but didn't come down to the floor. Ondrej is a good looking fellow!

I stood right beside the railing and Bruce ran by three times. I got some good pictures the first time he came by, and the third time I held my hand out as far as I could and he took hold of it for a second.

Here is my brother working. He is the one just right of that yellow pole.


Getting out of downtown Pittsburgh is not an easy task. Thank goodness my son has an app that the lady gives you directions. We ended up going east to go west to get out of the traffic. It didn't take us very far out of our way and it was better than wasting time sitting in traffic. There must have been an accident because we sat in the west line for a half hour. I took him home and then got to my house at 3:30 a.m. Monday morning. It was a three hour drive.

I took a day off of work on Monday so it was a day to get some rest and drive back to Dover to go to the dentist. My dentist was all smiles too because they just had the 40th reunion for the 1976 Champion University of Pittsburg football team. My dentist was the quarterback and handed the ball off to Tony Dorsett. The team was honored at the first game of the season so they all got to walk on to the field in front of a cheering crowd. He said the ceremony was touching.

So I am just full of stories today! Now it is back to reality, but I still cannot wipe the smile from my face. It gave me such joy to see my son meet Jakub. I guess the stars were lined up for this to happen.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like an exciting weekend. I don't like crowds so I'll just enjoy it through your blog.

Vicki W said...

I wondered where you were! I'm glad it was something fun.
I call the GPS lady "Gladys" because I'm GLAD that she's with US.
But I don't follow her blindly. Sometimes she gets confused.