Thursday, September 15, 2016

Trimming trees

Yes, that is what I did last evening after work. Not fun. I got out my pole saw and it took me a half hour to figure out how to attach the pole to the saw. I bought this years ago but have never used it.

The neighbor's trees were hanging over my garage roof and I wanted the trees cut back to make it harder for critters to get on my roof. Also, since it is very shady, there is a lot of stuff that grows on the garage siding.

Here is what I was left to pick up.

The biggest limb was this one about 12 - 13 feet long. It was a bugger to get down. There are vines intertwined in the trees and the vines were keeping the limb from falling. I had to slowing yank the branch to get it down.

This was a miserable job. It was 70 out, but the humidity was high and the sweat was pouring off of me. Then the sawdust was sticking to my sweat and yuck. Not fun. I could not extend the pole out enough to be able to get some of really high limbs or even control it. The weight distribution is awkward to use a pole saw. I will either have to try from the garage roof or try to get my brother over to give me a hand. He is a foot taller than me and that would make a huge different on what could be reached. Here you can see my after.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I draw the line at that. I'd have to hire someone. If I did it I'd end up crippled. Too klutzy.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't want to hear that you were up on the roof swinging a saw around. That is what brothers are for.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh oh oh....franklin LOVES to use those saws! And since his is all rusted out from the sewer water flooding I am pretty sure he would love to come over and hack away at your stubborn trees! His speciality is cutting off the limb, having it fall to the roof and get tangled in the vines. Rush over and use his weight to pull the limb from the trees grasp.

And right before you take him to the hospital you see he is spurting blood somewhere, it doesn't matter where, the blood is just there. Ånd so that is how you know when to. Stop......

If you lived here, I would make it your job to take him to the hospitals.